Director of Education
(Application instructions at the bottom)
Application Deadline: April 1, 2023, or until filled
Job Classification: Full-Time (30-40 hrs/wk), Exempt
Location: Remote position with approximately 20% national and international travel.
ABOUT US: HEAL (Health, Education, Advocacy, Linkage) Trafficking is the leading international non-governmental authority on Human Trafficking as a health issue. Our education and training materials are used the world over to not only shine a spotlight on the plight of those being trafficked, but to put an end to the practice. We work with hospitals, health centers, primary care settings, and all other health-related venues where trafficked people receive medical care. More than 68% of trafficked individuals ultimately come through one of these doors. HEAL’s services are customized specifically for health professionals. Our expertise and focus on the physical and mental health of trafficking victims, and the practitioners who treat them, provides the highest quality evidence-based education, training, materials, consultation, technical assistance, and advocacy work available anywhere.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Education is responsible for the development and administration of all educational initiatives that align with the mission and vision of the organization. This role is partially funded by the United States Department of State’s Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, specifically the Program to End Modern Slavery, “A Public Health Community Health Worker-Delivered Intervention to Reduce Human Trafficking Among Denotified and Nomadic Tribes,” subaward to HEAL Trafficking. As such, the primary function of the role is development of community health worker anti-trafficking training in India. This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and deliver community health worker anti-trafficking training in India among Denotified tribes.
- Work with the CMO to develop educational program plans that align with HEAL’s mission, reflect our current needs, and allow for strategic growth.
- Think creatively and build programs from the ground up.
- Evaluate educational program effectiveness and make adjustments as necessary.
- Manage education programming related issues and work flow.
- Maintain relevant program statistics critical for measuring program outcomes and supporting grant reporting.
- Support various aspects of the HEAL Education and Training Topical Online Forum and Speakers’ Bureau.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain partnerships with outside agencies, community organizations, and health professional organizations that support overall educational goals.
- Represent HEAL Trafficking, as requested by the CEO, at meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO or CMO.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Experience using multiple learning modalities with adult learners, including with community health workers.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management or direct services within the anti-human trafficking, allied fields, or health care.
- At least 1 year of experience in providing training and technical assistance.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work independently, as well as have experience in project planning and individual task management.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Connect, Canva, and Zoom Webinar.
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to relate to different points of view.
- Trustworthy with solid integrity and cultural humility.
- Strong moral compass and commitment to professional, ethical boundaries.
- A commitment to human rights and survivor empowerment, with a sense of humor and collaborative spirit.
- Staff supervision experience preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable working as part of a small non-profit team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: HEAL Trafficking is a fully remote organization.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The position requires the ability to work on a computer for all or part of the workday. The person in this position must be able to communicate via phone, video calls, and email.
- This position requires working set, core hours, Monday through Friday.
- This position requires national and international travel via airplane, car/van, or train, depending on training demands.
- The position requires the ability to attend events that may encompass all or part of the workday.
COMPENSATION: The salary range is $65,000-$85,000 depending on experience. Benefits include workers compensation coverage and time off policy. Medical benefits are not provided.
The final salary offer will be contingent upon an organizational compensation analysis and equity review. In order to counter pay inequality and uphold internal parity, compensation is non-negotiable for all employees.
HOW TO APPLY: To apply, please send a resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Education” in the subject line by April 1, 2023.
EQUITY COMMITMENT: Survivors of trafficking are strongly encouraged to apply. Lived experience is evaluated as equivalent to work or educational experience for this position.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications of this position. Research tells us that minorities often opt out of applying for jobs they are qualified for because they don’t meet the exact criteria.
HEAL Trafficking is an equal opportunity employer. HEAL Trafficking does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender identity or presentation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, religion, immigration status, housing status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities so they can participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.