Administrative and Communications Specialist – Job Opening – HEAL Trafficking
(Application instructions at the bottom)
ABOUT HEAL: Founded in 2013, HEAL (Health, Education, Advocacy, Linkage) Trafficking is the leading non-governmental authority on human trafficking as a health issue. HEAL provides trauma and lived experience-informed and person-centered resources both for individual health care workers as well as larger health centers and systems. Our education and training materials are used the world over to not only shine a spotlight on the plight of those being trafficked, but to put an end to the practice. We work with hospitals, health centers, primary care settings, and all other health-related venues where trafficked people receive medical care. More than 68% of trafficked individuals ultimately come through one of these doors.
PRIMARY ROLE: HEAL Trafficking is looking for a motivated, organized, and dedicated individual to lead the organization’s administrative activities, as well as support internal and external communications. This person will play a key role in overseeing the day-to-day functioning and external outreach of the organization as well as supporting ongoing projects, and will report directly to HEAL’s Operations Manager. The Administrative and Communications Specialist will also have the opportunity to work closely with HEAL’s CEO, CMO, Communications Coordinator, Communications Intern, Board of Directors, and other members of the HEAL staff and online network.
JOB TYPE: This is a full-time remote position and will require 40 hours weekly, including during regular business hours (PST-EST).
- Maintain regular communication with HEAL’s Operations Manager and CEO, including regular email communication and coordinating a phone call/Zoom meeting at least twice per week, and support the Operations Manager with ongoing cross-departmental projects and general day-to-day operations activities
- Maintain the HEAL meeting calendar by:
- Scheduling monthly Executive Team meetings and quarterly Board meetings (Board Meeting schedule and content should be in accordance with the HEAL Calendar and previous meeting action items)
- Prepare draft meeting agendas for the Board Chair’s review at least two weeks prior to each Executive Team and Board meeting
- Sending reminder emails with attached agendas, supplemental materials, and Zoom details as necessary prior to all HEAL meetings in a timely and consistent manner
- Generate and disseminate meeting minutes for the Executive Team and Board meetings, as well as informal notes for internal staff meetings
- Scheduling additional Zoom meetings as needed
- Manage onboarding/offboarding of all new members of the Executive Team, Board of Directors, and Advisory Council, and assist the Operations Manager and/or programmatic staff with onboarding new employees and/or contractors as relevant
- Oversee the electronic filing of important documents, such as personnel contracts and meeting minutes, to HEAL Shared Google Drive
- Manage HEAL’s online accounts, such as Google Workspace, Zoom, Guidestar, and DocuSign
- Manage HEAL’s primary external email account (firstname.lastname@example.org), including fielding incoming requests and managing online accounts associated with this account
- Work with the Operations Manager, CEO, and Communications Coordinator to implement a communications strategy for HEAL; the strategy will serve as a guide for communicating with our donors and online forum subscribers as well as posting messages on our social media platforms
- Manage HEAL’s CRM Donorperfect, including troubleshooting technical issues and interfacing with Donorperfect support as needed, coordinating addition of new records, and running contact reports alongside the Communications Coordinator and Communications Intern
- Work with the Operations Manager and Communications Coordinator to disseminate messaging to HEAL’s donors and potential donors via Constant Contact and other email/snail mail platforms
- Work with the Communications Coordinator and Communications Intern to manage subscribers and messaging for HEAL’s online forums, received by over 4,000 individuals worldwide, including supporting creative production and distribution of HEAL’s quarterly newsletter
- Support the development of written and visual content for annual reports, program brochures, website content, social media posts, marketing materials, etc.
- Provide proofreading support on all communications materials to ensure complete accuracy
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the HEAL website
- Incorporate measurement tools, analytics and reporting methods to gauge impact of all social media and web communications
- Support ongoing development and maintenance of internal documents relevant to HEAL communications activities, including the HEAL Style Guide and communications-specific SOPs, and maintenance of in-progress and completed communications content records in the shared Drive
- 2-3 years experience in administrative/communications role at the coordinator level; experience working in a nonprofit setting a plus
- Computer and technological skills; well versed in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace, and Zoom
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, and best practices for utilizing each
- Experience using Canva, Photoshop, or other design software strongly preferred
- Experience using a CRM (ideally Donorperfect), Constant Contact, and WordPress strongly preferred
- Experience drafting a variety of communications, including donor solicitation campaigns, press releases, and programmatic descriptions
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle several tasks simultaneously, as well as have experience in project planning and individual task management
- Collaborative team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to relate to different points of view
- Trustworthy with solid integrity and cultural humility
- Comfortable working both as part of a team as well as independently
- Basic literacy in issues of global health and gender, racial, and economic justice
- Interest in/commitment to anti-trafficking efforts and/or the field of public health
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 – $55,000/year, depending upon experience.
The final salary offer will be contingent upon an organizational compensation analysis and equity review. In order to counter pay inequality and uphold internal parity, compensation is non-negotiable for all employees.
- Fully Remote
- Flexible working hours
- 20 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days, and 12 paid holidays per year
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and social media portfolio (if available) with “Administrative and Communications Specialist” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications and our capacity as a small non-profit, we won’t be able to provide regular status updates on all applications; therefore, only those being considered for the next step of the hiring process will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding and we very much appreciate your interest in HEAL.
Equity Commitment: We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications of this position. Research tells us that minorities often opt out of applying for jobs they are qualified for because they don’t meet the exact criteria.
HEAL Trafficking is an equal opportunity employer. HEAL Trafficking does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender identity or presentation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, religion, immigration status, housing status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities so they can participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.