This two-day Train the Trainer Academy, presented annually by HEAL Trafficking and MGH Institute of Health Professions, equips health educators with the knowledge and teaching skills to train other health professionals in their communities to respond to human trafficking. The program is currently 100% virtual. Check out the video above to hear from some of our alumni about the Academy’s impact on their training abilities and anti-trafficking work.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After attending, participants will be able to:
- Define factors that promote adult learning
- Evaluate personal training strengths and areas in which to improve
- Broaden their community of clinician-educators within human trafficking education
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Please note, you do not have to be a health professional to participate.
We welcome participants from any profession who:
- Have experience training clinicians about human trafficking, but who may have gaps in content knowledge and/or have not had formal education in how best to train adult learners.
- Do not have experience training about human trafficking but have current or future responsibilities in providing this training for clinicians in their organization.
The Train the Trainer Academy was presented at the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) November 2022 conference and has also been featured in the Academic Medicine journal. For quantitative outcome data regarding the Academy, please refer to page 11 of the HEAL 2013-2022 Impact Report.
Check back closer to fall 2023 to pre-enroll for next year’s Academy!