WITH Webinar: Part 1 – Understanding Human Trafficking and How Patients with Disabilities are at Risk (National Human Trafficking & Disabilities Working Group)
Stephanie Mananova, BSN, RN – IOFA
Jae Jin Pak, Self Advocate – IOFA
1. Increase understanding of the important role health care providers play in addressing human trafficking.
2. Increase knowledge of sex and labor trafficking including methods and forms.
3. Improve understanding of patients with disabilities, disability culture, and social model of disability.
4. Increase knowledge of the intersection between human trafficking and disability.
5. Gain strategies to recognize when patients with disabilities may be at risk for or are victims of trafficking.
Link to downloadable PDF of slides: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v_ob…
Link to downloadable 11×14 awareness poster: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWae…
Contact the National Human Trafficking Resource Center/Hotline: call: 888-373-7888 (TTY: 711) text: 233733 website: https://humantraffickinghotline.org/
International organization for Adolescents (IOFA) www.iofa.org
Heal Trafficking www.healtrafficking.org
National Human Trafficking & Disabilities Working Group (NHTDWG) www.iofa.org/national-trafficking-disabilities-working-group
This webinar series made possible with funding from: WITH Foundation www.withfoundation.org For more information, questions and resources please e-mail International Organization for Adolescents (IOFA) at email@example.com