HEAL Trafficking is the leading international non-governmental authority on Human Trafficking as a health issue. Our education and training materials are used the world over to shine a spotlight on the plight of those trafficked and to end the practice. We work with hospitals, health centers, primary care settings, and all other health-related venues where trafficked people receive medical care. More than 68% of trafficked individuals ultimately come through one of these doors.
HEAL Trafficking is searching for an experienced, dedicated Programs Manager to join our mission-driven team. As the leading international non-governmental authority on addressing Human Trafficking as a health issue, HEAL Trafficking’s education and training materials are globally recognized for spotlighting the challenges faced by trafficked individuals and striving to end this practice. In this fully remote position, you’ll lead the development and implementation of a portfolio of programs, collaborating with a diverse range of stakeholders to develop and improve programs and materials that address healthcare’s response to trafficking. Your responsibilities will span program design, project management, content development, relationship building, administrative support and more. If you’re passionate about making a meaningful impact on a global scale and have the necessary experience and qualifications, we invite you to apply and join us.
Application Deadline: Open until filled, ideal start date in December 2023-January 2024
Job Classification: Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
Location: Fully remote position, with some potential travel throughout the year
Reports to: Director of Operations
Program Development and Management
- Lead the design and implementation to improve processes for a portfolio of programs focused on addressing human trafficking as a health issue.
- Develop work plans, and processes for efficient project execution.
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of programs, monitoring milestones, budgets, and expectations.
- Identify and address barriers to program execution, propose solutions, and communicate risks to the team and leadership.
- Track and report on program progress, defining key performance indicators and driving continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and manage project budgets.
- Support strategic planning to align programs with organizational goals and mission.
- Identify, engage, and manage strategic relationships with partners, funders, stakeholders, and government agencies.
- Lead the development and execution of contracts and agreements with vendors, consultants, and partners.
- Partner with internal teams to move opportunities from scoping through contracting and budgeting to launch.
- Oversee incoming general email inbox, responding to inquiries and routing communications internally
- Coordinate organization meetings, manage calendar, and scheduling relating tasks, including Board of Directors meetings
- Ensure efficient organization and management of documents, images, and meeting notes in Google Drive
- Provide clerical support for Google suite, DonorPerfect, Docusign, all-staff meeting notes, and Zoom
- Develop external content for best practices guides, toolkits, handbooks and other products
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree preferred, in healthcare management, public policy, public health, education, or related fields, or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in project management, with a preference for experience within health systems, healthcare quality and safety, and/or continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in operational planning, implementation, and evaluation of complex projects.
- Strong analytical and data-driven approach to issues, with the ability to measure program impact.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and familiarity with project management tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, ideally with experience working remotely.
- Some travel may be required for meetings, conferences, and events.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing, and editing/proofreading skills
- Literacy in issues of global health and gender, racial, and economic justice
- Interest in/commitment to anti-trafficking efforts and/or the field of public health
- Fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- 20 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days, and 12 paid holidays per year
- No medical benefits are provided
How to apply: Interested applicants please send a cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample with “Anti-Trafficking Programs Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications and our capacity as a small non-profit, we won’t be able to provide regular status updates on all applications; therefore, only those being considered for the next step of the hiring process will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding and we very much appreciate your interest in HEAL.
Compensation: The salary range is $55,000-65,000/ year depending on experience. Benefits include workers compensation coverage and time off policy. Medical benefits are not provided.
The final salary offer will be contingent upon an organizational compensation analysis and equity review. In order to counter pay inequality and uphold internal parity, compensation is non-negotiable for all employees.
Equity Commitment: We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet the exact qualifications of this position. Research tells us that minorities often opt out of applying for jobs they are qualified for because they don’t meet the exact criteria.
HEAL Trafficking is an equal opportunity employer. HEAL Trafficking does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender identity or presentation, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, religion, immigration status, housing status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities so they can participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.